Thursday, June 24, 2010

First Post!

Welcome to the Good Bars, Bad Bars, Nutrition Bars Blog! I'm just a woman who's trying to lose some weight, and enjoys the convenience and deliciousness of a nutrition bar as a late afternoon snack. Nothing will keep me away from the gym faster than being too hungry after work. There are so many out there, and I've already tried quite a few, so I'm keeping this blog in part as an attempt to keep track for myself which ones I've tried and whether I've enjoyed them. I plan to rate them on taste and nutrition, and I'm in the process of devising a scale which I can use to rate nutrition, taking into account protein, natural ingredients, and fiber (more is better) and calories (fewer is better) and sugar (ditto). Protein and fiber keep me full longer, natural ingredients make me feel better, less sugar means less sugar high and less crash, and more natural ingredients make me feel better about myself. Taste is more subjective, but will take into account mouthfeel (crunch, chewiness, sogginess), whether taste is true to advertised flavor, weird after or undertastes, and overall taste.

So enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment